Jamaican Peanut Porridge
Recipe Type: Dishes
This vegetarian breakfast recipe is a staple of Jamaican society and is a healthy twist on the classic Peanut Porridge recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/2 cup condensed milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups water (more/less depending on preferred thickness)
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Blend oatmeal into a powder.
- Take powdered oatmeal and combine with Tru-Nut and cornmeal in a container and add remaining water.
- Pour mixture into the boiling water. Stir to prevent clumping.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, nutmeg and milk.
- Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.