Jamaican Peanut Porridge
This vegetarian breakfast treat is a staple of Jamaican society.
Recipe type: Dishes
- 1½ cup Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- ½ cup condensed milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups water (more/less depending on preferred thickness)
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Blend oatmeal into a powder.
- Take powdered oatmeal and combine with Tru-Nut and cornmeal in a container and add remaining water.
- Pour mixture into the boiling water. Stir to prevent clumping.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, nutmeg and milk.
- Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.