African Peanut Soup
Recipe Type: Entrees
A traditional African Peanut Soup can be made with Powdered Peanut Butter. This simple recipe will show you how to make this African dish.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter, Original Flavor
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, or 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 2 tbsp peanut butter/li>
- Chopped peanuts and scallions for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and olive oil. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Then add the carrots,
sweet potatoes and vegetable stock.
- Cover with a lid and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice, ginger, Tru-Nut and peanut butter. Puree with an
- Add the coconut milk and powdered peanut butter and stir. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the peas and carrots and season with garlic salt. Bring back to a simmer and remove from
- Serve over rice with your favorite garnishes.