Sweet Potato Burgers
Recipe Type: Dishes
Whether you’re vegan or not, these are tasty sweet potato burgers!
- 1/2 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 medium to large sweet potato, roasted or baked, peeled and cubed
- 6 tbsp Tru-nut original flavor PPB
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas ( or 1 15 oz can)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 – 2 tbsp freshly minced ginger (adjust for your love of ginger)
- 4 scallions, cut into small bites
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup peas
- Optional handful of golden raisins
- Place all ingredients in food processor. You may need to process in batches. Honestly, I sometimes just mash all together in a large bowl. Leave a nice bit of chunkiness if you use a processor. With mixture in a large bowl, gently add the cooked quinoa and peas. Add 1 or 2 tsp water if a bit thick. Add more seasonings as you like. Form into burgers and cook in well oiled skillet over low heat for about 8 to 12 minutes until nicely browned. Flip burgers and cook again for 8 to 12 more minutes. check frequently to make sure they’re not sticking to the skillet.
- I sometimes serve with a yogurt-based sauce, but they’re good by themselves, too. A lot of work, but this vegan recipe is very tasty.